Thursday, September 14, 2017

What Color Is Your Parachute? Week 3 - The World of Job Hunting

Looking for a job can be so stressful for so many people, especially for college graduates. Everyone needs a job when they are older, it can be hard to live without a job. There are so many requirements today for most decent jobs. Without a good resume and good qualifications and skills on that resume, it will only make the job hunting harder. Most companies now want to hire someone with a Bachelor's or Master's degree. That's why for college students, we have more of a chance of finding a job than people who have do not have a college degree. However, after graduating college, for recent graduates it can be hard still to find a job because we are competing with other college graduates. We all want to work in our field of study, but sometimes that might not being option. We have to find jobs based on location, type of company, type of work, hours, and much more requirements.

I have found that a great way to find jobs  is through the Internet, through mutual connections and pages such as LinkedIn. There are also many other jobs sites that post thousands of jobs and can narrow your job search, such as as Indeed, Glassdoor, Snagajob, and more. For me I was fortunate to have found a job in my field of study, Accounting, before even graduating college. I was hired through a staffing company called Accountemps, where they placed me in an amazing company to work in Accounting. I first interviewed with Accountemps for a job with them, but they also place my resume for employers to view who are looking for qualified candidates. That was when the company I now work for called Great Lakes Dredge and Dock found my resume. My employer saw that I was a student majoring in Accounting at Benedictine University so it was a big selling point to Great Lakes. So, they had interviewed me, and within the span of 2 days, I had already got the job.

So sometimes when looking for a job, you might find it hard to find the perfect job or one in your field, however you will be surprised one day and might actually work in your dream job. It all takes time and process, you will never know and one day be surprised and actually find the job yo are looking for, that was how I felt this past summer looking for a job. I applied for do many and I never thought I would find one and get hired in my field!

The World Of Searching For A Job:




No comments:

Post a Comment